14 December 2012

Summer in the city

There's been a few hot days so far this summer, but on the whole I'm enjoying what Melbourne has to offer. There is great food, culture, shopping, films and awesome people to spend my time with. I have such an active social amd entertainment life. This city is pretty amazing!

A couple of weeks ago I saw Margaret Fulton Queen of the Dessert at Theatre Works in St Kilda.

It was an energetic all singing, all dancing biography of Australian cooking legend Margaret Fulton. It was so much fun, and I came away inspired by all Margaret has achieved. Queen of the Dessert had a delicious sprinkling of Australian pop culture and history. Tash has done a review here. The program (pictured above) featured information about the cast, writers and also some retro Margaret Fulton dessert recipes.

A drink after work with Steph, in the sunshine by the Yarra.

And a burger - at The Boatbuilder's Yard, South Wharf.
Iced chocolate and Chrissie Swan's column at Wooly Bully, North Melbourne.
And a beautiful sunset after my graduation.
Tonight I'm off to the Arts Centre with Tash - after we have dinner at a riverside cafe. I have been given a double pass for The Key of the Sea as part of the Arts Centre's Summer Season.

 

The Summer Season features The Key of Sea, Blaze, Leo, Oh Suivant! and Perfect Tripod, plus theatre, outdoor performances at the Music Bowl and free activities for a range of ages.

I am really excited about The Key of the Sea as it is a performance featuring musicians with refugee/asylum seeker backgrounds paired up with some well known and up and coming Australian artists. The Key of the Sea concert will feature performances by: The Tim Rogers Polyxeni, Jinja Safari with Kinfe Geshu, Brous with Awaz, Chet Faker with The Royal Swazi Spa, and The Tiger & Me with Murtaza Jafari, with special guests MC Rockwiz’s Brian Nankervis and Waleed Aly.

I'll report back on how the show was soon. Look out for more Summer Season giveaways too.

Note: I was gifted this double pass from Immerse Agency in conjunction with The Arts Centre Melbourne.

 

1 comment:

Thank you for reading my blog. I love receiving comments :)
I really appreciate the time you've taken to write to me, and to share something about yourself.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails