30 October 2012

More Aim for the Stars goodness

If you are an Australian girl or woman with a dream, and need some extra help to get you there, don't forget to apply for a Layne Beachley Aim for the Stars Foundation grant. As a 2012 recipient, I can highly recommend it. The grant includes financial assistance plus mentoring from Layne, media and life coaching, plus some other goodies. You can find details here. Applications close 16 November.

Meanwhile, Megan from the Foundation sent us on some professional photos from our time in Sydney. br />
Surfing at Manly beach.
With Layne, The Governor of NSW Marie Bashir and husband Sir Nicholas
Beautiful girls before the ball
Layne and I on stage at the gala ball.
Having a laugh. I think this was when I told her that I am a little too into fashion despite this appearance activism stuff!
You can view all the photos (taken by Carol Gibbons) in the Aim for the Stars gallery. You can also view the videos of surfing and the ball.

I have such beautiful memories of my time in Sydney with the Aim for the Stars grant recipients, Layne and Megan, and am forever grateful for their support.

I read Layne's biography over the weekend just gone, and after getting a deeper insight into her life, I really admire her drive and perserverance, rising above the adversities she's experienced. She knew what she wanted to achieve, visualised it, worked hard and achieved it. What a woman!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog. I love receiving comments :)
I really appreciate the time you've taken to write to me, and to share something about yourself.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails