06 February 2011

My nice arse and other tales (tails?)

Yesterday I commenced a volunteer role in another disability advocacy project - Live Access, run by the Youth Disability Advocacy Service. Live Access seeks to improve access for, and attitudes to people with disabilities in live music/entertainment venues and festivals in the City of Melbourne. It's an important (and fun) program to be involved in and I hope to be writing some reviews for the Live Access website soon. I will keep you informed :)

After the Live Access meeting, I caught up with some besties for drinks. Drinks were at Taxi/Transport. Or TaxSport as I called it. I don't get out much.

We chatted about the big issues. Boys mainly.

We talked about the cute and very nice bartender...
And we also discussed how although, despite boys' fuckwittery, the thing that shines from them the most is the fact that they understand and are compassionate about our disability or chronic illness. Kind of like what I wrote about in my sex blog entry. And that's what makes it hard to walk away and forget. There were tears. Anyhow.

I was still doing the 30 for 30 remix. Even on a weekend. This is outfit number six. Dedicated follower of fashion.
I wore (and loved) so much blue and green in the week that I missed my warm colours. I missed pinks and reds. Even though I guess my redness may be considered, perversely, as an accessory?
I wore denim shorts from Sussan, jacket from Target, top from Valleygirl, necklace handmade out of glass from Tasmania and hairclip from Mimco which was part of a Christmas present from Kristy. I also had a couple of brooches on my shorts - one glued by me and the other from a Polish Etsy seller. My shoes were high heeled sandals. My tights are from Sportsgirl.

I have read that a few of my favourite fashion bloggers take a zillion photos of themself and choose the best three. And sometimes they photoshop! My secret is that I only have about four photos taken, usually posing awkwardly infront of a brick wall, and I never photoshop. What you see is what you get in real life. Actually the camera enhances my redness. Except, I did photoshop my double chin out of this photo. Can you notice?
In other news, a man I virtually just met, told me I have a nice arse. He confirmed what I wrote on Ramp Up. I was flattered, and also, for one of the few times in my life, blushing and speechless. Thanks for perving noticing George!

7 comments:

  1. Okay, I'm loving your tights. They're all kinds of awesome!

    And at least you'd met the guy who gave you the compliment - makes it marginally less pervy! I had some guy yell out the window of his car "Your boobs are a ten!!" when I was walking home from the gym last week. Mildly disturbing, but I couldn't stop laughing all the way home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another vote for the tights!

    I did not suspect a thing with the edited photo.

    SSG xxx

    Sydney Shop Girl blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Carly...
    Love the jacket girl:)

    Have a great day...

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look really cute, love the heart tights!!!

    Cannot for the life of me tell that photo is photshoped?! You do NOT have a double chin Carly. You crazy chick!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. A nice bum! What a compliment! What a man, George!

    Love the jacket and tights, you're looking so stylish and awesome as always.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's so frustrating when the best photo has a dodgy smile or a double-chin caused by over-enthusiastic grinning. I don't have a problem with 'shopping something in those circumstances. (I have a great photo with me in an idiotic pose which is unfortunately ruined by a chance windgust that blew my shirt out and made me look pregnant or something. It may be beyond the power of Photoshop...)

    Huzzah for being in possession of a comment-worth behind!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog. I love receiving comments :)
I really appreciate the time you've taken to write to me, and to share something about yourself.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails