12 February 2011

Music I've literally been missing - Broken Bells + The Bedroom Philosopher

While listening to Triple J's Hottest 100 on Australia Day, I heard these two songs that I fell in love with, and wondered why I'd missed them last year. I bought them on iTunes soon after hearing them. They are the music I've literally been missing (out on). But thank God I found them!

The first is by Broken Bells - a collaboration between The Shins' frontman James Mercer and Dangermouse.


I love its smooth, cruisy sound. It's beautiful.

I am sure I've heard it on an ad, even before I saw the trailer to the movie Rabbit Hole.


Next is The Bedroom Philosopher (aka Justin Heazlewood) with Northcote So Hungover.

The satire in this is brilliant! A stab at the pretentiousness of some of the Melbourne/indie music scene.

What songs have you come across lately?

1 comment:

  1. I've been waiting years for new Shins material, so Broken Bells may do nicely.

    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog. I love receiving comments :)
I really appreciate the time you've taken to write to me, and to share something about yourself.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails