15 March 2011

Public holiday Monday

Public holiday Monday, I love you. Especially after the frantic week last week and before the doubly frantic work week (three days) ahead.

I had a sleep in, did some washing, talked to the lovely Luscious Llama on the phone in preparation for my Sydney trip on Friday, packed some lunches...
...and generally rested. I completed two draft articles and another two are in preparation.
 
This weekend, Future Music Festival + Top Gear Live have been on in my suburb. I could hear them both - lots of doof doof and revving engines. I don't care for either but I do love living in the entertainment capital of suburbia.


I went to Fraus for brunch. And ordered the usual classic hot chocolate...
 

And I had a new crepe (well, one I haven't eaten before):
Ham, eggs, cheese and bechamel. Oh how I love eating bechamel.

Over brunch, I fielded childrens' stares with polite yet tired smiles, and browsed Yen magazine, featuring a musical favourite, Julia Stone.

I was pleased to see the gorgeous artwork of Bec Winnel in Yen. I went to school with her.
I also cooked a pie for last night's dinner, and the week ahead. It's going to be busy, I tell you!

It's an easy pie, with a chicken breast and half a pack of frozen vegies.
Aussie stirfry is pretty boring. Carrots, corn, beans, maybe squash, cauliflower and capsicum. No bean or bamboo shoots.

I chopped a leek instead of an onion, plus a fat clove of garlic.
Softened them in olive oil.
Chopped a sad looking squash from Mum's garden.
And used kitchen scissors to cut the chicken. Kitchen scissors are the best invention ever.
All of the ingredients went on the stove to cook for about 30 minutes on low heat. I seasoned them with vegeta stock powder.
Nope, didn't make my own pastry. Nor is it low fat. It's a pie of convenience.
I let the filling cool slightly before putting it on the pastry.
And brushed the top with melted butter, baked for 30 minutes.
 Delicious!

While having dinner, I flicked between the evil antics of Paul Robinson on Neighbours... (he's kind of sexy in an arrogant old man way)
Remember the sexy/evil relationship between Paul and Izzy? Those were the days.
And this street showdown between Susan and Izzy.
 
...and the where are they now? special on A Country Practice on Channel 9.
They don't make TV shows like they used to.

Have a great week!

3 comments:

  1. Carly!

    Can't wait to see you in the big S. You will love Zumbo. Leave some room for dinner.

    I'm a big fan of kitchen scissoirs and home made pies. I'm going to try an easy beef wellington recipe (New Idea's words, not mine) soon and will post the results.

    Take care and just breathe through the stares, I say.

    SSG xxx

    Sydney Shop Girl blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have an awesome week Carly!!!! Sydney sounds like so much fun. Rest up and have a blast.

    Your food looks delish. (really happy I just had a late lunch, cause these pics would have made me hungry.) I envy your cooking skills. I have very little. (and by very little, I mean...well none)

    Pardon me for sounding like an ignorant girl from the states but...what is Neighbours? It kinda looks like One Life to Live. Which if it is like it, Neighbours must be hilarious. Not on purpose mind you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fraus?? I have never heard of such a place. But with hot chocolate like that and oh that crepe!! I must go.
    Heidi xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog. I love receiving comments :)
I really appreciate the time you've taken to write to me, and to share something about yourself.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails