14 May 2011

Clothes make me happy

Clothes make me happy.

This first one was worn to a vintage clothes market - Round She Goes. It was so much fun! I went to the market with three lovely new friends I met at high tea. There were two rooms packed with vintage and modern treasures. I bought a number of dresses and a skirt, all in great condition and at great prices. The sizes were difficult. My petite yet curvy figure made the tiny size 12 waistband feel like a size six.

The outfit I wore featured a pre-loved skirt from a friend - it is so beautiful - lots of material and a tulle underskirt and a cute poodle appliqued on the front, and appliqued scattered hearts. I am also wearing my Stella McCartney for Target silk blouse from a few years ago, a Mimco headband, ballet flats and giant Diva cocktail ring.
This outfit was worn to Jebediah on Friday night. I don't know if such a dainty outfit was conducive to the rough moshpit complete with beer showers, but it survived the experience, albeit smelling like a brewery. The dress is my favourite one I bought at Round She Goes. It's a gorgeous peach floral with a cowel neck and gathered waist. I also wore a swing coat from Valley Girl - it's metallic cream - and my merino jumper and opaques and ballet flats.
And this one was worn to work and a lunch with friends. Excuse the gaping waist - there really should be an extra button. I am wearing a dress from Cue (it's green and mustard) and pleather jacket from Temt. My boots are from London Rebel.



What have you worn lately? Post your outfit links and descriptions below :)

5 comments:

  1. I love your outfits! I am especially fond of the last one - I adore that dress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That cue dress is a winner!! I used to have a bit of a vintage fashion blog actually but I deleted it cause I never posted on it :( Might start it up again though! Today I went opshopping and found an amazing ralph lauren cream blazer in mint condition! That made me happy :)
    Hannah x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jeans and a t-shirt + another t-shirt, plus another one, plus a jacket for me lately. My outfits are boring.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have a poodle skirt! I haven't seen one of those since Moses was a lad...
    I'm into flannelette pj's these days.
    Warmth and comfort is my thing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had fun with my outfit today: black stockings with a square pattern, black shorts, grey top, brown slouchy boots and a cream & grey cape jacket I bought last Winter and wore for the first time today. It was so much fun to wear.

    The dress you wore to the concert is gorgeous - I'm glad it survived the experience!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog. I love receiving comments :)
I really appreciate the time you've taken to write to me, and to share something about yourself.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails