02 May 2011

Logies red carpet - Callan Mulvey + Sam Johnson

So I did a really daggy exciting thing last night and went to the Logies red carpet. For the unitiated, the Logies are Australia's television awards. I was given a green wrist band and fortunately stood near to one of the red carpet entrances. I took heaps of photos, but mostly of the backs of dresses. They aren't very good to post here.

I am a goal focused woman and I only went to see the cast of Rush. And I braved the rain, cold, girls screaming for Hamish Blake and Justin Bieber, and bogans (there was an annoying man near me trying to spot Justin Bieber) to achieve my goal. Just as I was getting bored from seeing TV stars I didn't know, and from the annoying man vocalising that he didn't know the TV stars he saw, the Rush cast walked out.

I called Callan's name and he said 'Hi Carly, how are you?' and waved. We chatted from afar, I congratulated him on his wedding, and he posed for this photo. So so lovely.
And then, just after I got over the Callan Mulvey moment, Sam Johnson strayed from the Rush cast and came to talk to me with his trademark grin. He was so affable - and I was so excited I jumped and smiled and cried a little. No, really. I did. He gave me a hug and asked if I remembered him from the fun times we had at the Rush premiere. Of course I remembered him! And I told him about my Channel 31 No Limits work and he said to keep him in mind. Here's our happy snap :)
Callan and Sam made me feel so special. Once I met them I went off home. Mission accomplished.

6 comments:

  1. OMG you are awesome Carly and as for Callan.....I sit on the couch watching Rush and lusting after "Josh" while the Captain sits there going ....Hey, what about me?
    I'm glad you had this experience honey x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like a great way to spend the night!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so cool Carly. I knew who Sam J was but not Callan. But if you are happy & excited... So am I?
    And......... Good on you for everything you do tp give yourself the best life ever.xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an awesome night! I've been tied to my desk for the past few months so I'm going to start living vicariously through you. Missed having the time to check out your blog... hope you've been well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry to hear about your bogan encounter!!!
    And what a weird guy trying to see Justin Bieber...

    By the way, I don't know if you accept these, but I nominated you for the Versatile Blogger award here: http://scathingweekly.blogspot.com/2011/05/reading-movies.html :) Your blog is so awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog. I love receiving comments :)
I really appreciate the time you've taken to write to me, and to share something about yourself.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails