28 December 2010

Happy birthday to my Mum!

Today is my wonderful Mum's birthday!

We had a nice day celebrating her birthday - opening of presents, lunch at our favourite Thai cafe and Gulliver's Travels at the cinema. I bought Mum another Nelson Mandela book (Conversations with Myself) and a cute wooden earring tree, and Dad bought her season 3 of The Librarians on DVD plus a surprise day out with lunch and film.

My Mum is the best mother in the world. She is so selfless, generous and loving. She's funny, stylish and smart. She looks much younger than she is. She always sees the good in others. She is a fantastic cook!

I've been pretty sore this holiday, and last night we sat on the couch watching TV, and she combed the skin from my scalp just like when I was a kid. She's pretty amazing!

Happy birthday Mum! I love you so much ♥

Here we are in the glorious sunshine today!

5 comments:

  1. Awe what a sweet post :) your mum sounds so lovely! Happy birthday to your mum!!
    Heidi xo
    p.s. i hope you're feeling less sore today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a beautiful post, Carly!!

    Happy Birthday, Mrs Findlay!!

    SSG xxx


    Sydney Shop Girl blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww happy birthday to your Mum, you ladies look so lovely! Your outfit is gorgeous Carly xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great photo of you and Mum!! Happy Christmas. I LOVE my parcel and have sent a thank you card- hope you get it- tell me if you don't xxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happiest of Birthdays to Carly's Mum! Its been so nice to get to "meet" you through Carly's blog. I see your smile from thousands of miles away and you remind me in so many ways of my own mother, who is comparatively nearby, only 1300 miles away. ;)

    Wishing you and your family a wonderful and healthy New Year!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog. I love receiving comments :)
I really appreciate the time you've taken to write to me, and to share something about yourself.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails