It was a fantastic night with lots of laughs. Some people didn't know each other, but they all got along.
I have made the best friends.
Some were old friends:
- Shawn from primary school - we reunited last year via Twitter after last seeing each other in 1992.
- Jo from Melbourne - I used to go to stay with her and her now husband in Melbourne since I was about 13.
- Steph who I used to work with in retail from 1999 - 2003 and we now both live in Melbourne.
- Cherie - Shawn's girlfriend, who, before we met, wrote a letter to the Northcote Trader's Association about the woman in the store who abused me - the kindness of strangers astounds me!
- Hayley - we met on Twitter because of our Rush discussion. We have since met Callan Mulvey together and both write for Ramp Up.
- Scott, Elvira and Phin - I met them through filming on Channel 31
- Trudie and her husband Dave - I worked with Trudie and now we belly dance, shop and see movies together.
Here are some photos from the night.
The view of the harbour.
Men of the world are sad. But then rejoice that I am single.
The arty shots:
Steph didn't believe that I had never seen a bong until this year.
*not an actual bong on the table.
Once we did get a taxi, Elvira and I went to Crown Casino. Only one cocktail each.
We met three lovely new people in Lagerfield, chatted to them for a while, and then all headed off to the junkfood court. All class.
We convinced a bouncer to pose for a photo with us. We said we'd give him a cheeseburger. We never did.
Sadly, he didn't stay with me til morning.
OMG...Elvira, you almost ended up in a WHEELCHAIR!! (Carly to Elvira as she crossed the road with oncoming traffic. In her wheelchair.)
Nothing like a $2.95 KFC molten cake and strangers singing happy birthday at Crown Casino's junkfood court at 2.30 am.
While in the queue at KFC, one of our new friends told many strangers that Elvira and I will be on Channel 31 this Monday night at 6.30 pm. He was so excited he had met two famous people, and now wants a spot on TV!
It was such fun.
Here are the beautiful cards and presents I received. I love them all :) Thank you - I feel very special, and each gift was so carefully chosen.
Tiger Tree necklace
I feel very lucky and loved. To my new friends, old friends, friends we just made and those I'm yet to meet - thank you so much. ♥