23 August 2010

A big YAY! I'm a writer!

Just received an official offer as a contracted writer at DiVine. A big YAY!

Back in March, I submitted some writing to DiVine. The editor read it and looked further into my blog and selected a couple of blog entries he thought could be good modified for DiVine. Since then I've written nine articles for them - all of which I'm really proud of. Especially the body image article that has just been published.

It feels so great to be contributing to this website, and making a difference to the disability community (and also educating my friends, family and strangers).

I will still be working my full time job, doing uni until the end of the year, presenting/interviewing on community TV and volunteering at the Children's Hospital, though.

I am going to toot my own horn here - I am so proud of myself for following for my dreams to be a writer and now achieving them.

Also, I think I was far too tired to fully appreciate filming for No Limits on Saturday, but thinking back now, I am really proud of the great job Carrie and I did at the dinner-dance.

Neither of us had been in front of the camera before, and I think we were both in a new environment, but I really feel like we made a difference to the disability community and achieved personal success. It was a great buzz to be directing, interviewing and presenting - challenging yet so much fun!

Wow. I love life!

21 comments:

  1. Carly, that is awesome! Look at you go!!! Really inspiring, well done you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. congratulations Carly Hun your amazing i am so proud of you xox Shaz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Carly - I'm looking forward to finding out more about DiVine. I just assumed that you were already on staff as you'd had so many articles published!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, how exciting! Congratulations Carly!!!! You write so wonderfully well, it just makes so much sense for you to have this job. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! I just read the article you linked to and I can see the official title of writer is well-deserved. The article was a great balance of self-reflection and information and it kept me fascinated all the way through. DiVine are lucky to have you on board!

    ReplyDelete
  6. huge congrats my dear. if anyone in this world deserves for their dreams to come true, it's YOU!!!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Many congratulations Carly this is wonderful news and well deserved too!! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kudos to you for making your dreams come true. Sounds like you worked hard to make that happen.

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow! congratulations, Carly! Im so happy for you. Im new to your blog, but I can already tell that you are perfect for this job! xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Massive congrats Carly!! I'm so proud of you & your amazing talents being shown to the world! I'm so happy that you're successfully pursuing your dreams!! The world is your oyster beautiful lady!!!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Heyyy, nice work! Glad to see you're getting the recognition, keep up the great blog posts!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Many congrats on this Carly! Such amazing news for beautiful you ^_^
    X

    ReplyDelete
  13. Am on limited internet, but just wanted to say congrats, you deserve it and I love your writing xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations Carly! You have achieved so much in such a short amount of time. Such exciting things for you on the horizon, well done!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations! That is such awesome news. Very inspiring too as I've always dreamed of being a writer :) I'm so glad you're proud of yourself because you absolutely should be!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  16. yay yay This is wonderful news. Big congratulations to you.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congratulations! Love hearing someone ends a post with "wow, I love life." :-)

    And thank you for your kinds words over at my blog! Its much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congratulations, Carly! Definitely a deserved honor! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congratulations girl:)
    I am very happy for you:)

    SP

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog. I love receiving comments :)
I really appreciate the time you've taken to write to me, and to share something about yourself.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails