05 February 2013

Elsewhere: Global Genes Project and The Peach

I have written a piece about blogging for the Global Genes Project. The project is a great resource to provide information and support for patients living with rare diseases, as well as their families; and to also educate the wider community about rare diseases. World Rare Disease Day is held on 28 February, or 29 February in a leap year.
From their website:

"The Global Genes Project is one of the leading rare and genetic disease patient advocacy organizations in the world. The non-profit organization is led by Team R.A.R.E. and promotes the needs of the rare and genetic disease community under a unifying symbol of hope – the Blue Denim Genes Ribbon™. What began as a grassroots movement in 2009 with a few rare disease parent advocates and foundations has grown to over 500 global organizations."

Read my full article here.

There are lots more rare disease patient stories you can read, and a section where you can submit your own story.


The Peach has shown me some love lately, publishing a few of my blog posts. I'm loving the quality of writing and the supportive community over there. I had the post about skin hunger published last week. Really fitting considering my reading at Quippings.

My Peach piece is here.

If you want to contribute to The Peach, get in touch with the editor.

Thanks for having me, Global Gene Project and The Peach.

 

2 comments:

  1. well done with all the published articles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that you are getting around so much, Carly. Go you! x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog. I love receiving comments :)
I really appreciate the time you've taken to write to me, and to share something about yourself.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails