05 January 2011

I survived the (work) day without an afternoon nap!

First day back at work today. It was good. Good to see everyone (though some lucky people are still holidaying).

I knew it'd be painless because my favourite Crowded House song came on the radio somewhere between 6.00 am and 7.00 am.

And even though I had a hearty breakfast of a fruit smoothie (one banana, a punnet of frozen berries, half a cup of oats, a tablespoon of yoghurt and a cup of skim milk), I was hungry by 9.30 am. I think it was because of the energy expended trying to recall my computer password. So I ate two whole wheat biscuits with nut butter (almond, Brazil and cashew). I think I get hungrier at work, because during the past few days at home, my food consumption equaled my output - not much at all.

This is how I dressed today. I am still loving this cooler summer. It means I can wear opaque stockings and dress like I do in winter. People said I wear yellow well. I thanked them. I don't wear yellow often.
Getting dressed for work makes me really excited. I think about it more than I should. I think about it as much as I think about food. And that's a lot.

You see I am carrying a Temt bag. Temt was speaking my language. 30 percent off everything. My favourite sentence after 'I love you'.
I am wearing a yellow shirt and black skirt by Valleygirl, charcoal top by Sussan, ballet flats by Diana Ferrari, purple silk rose by Sportsgirl, bag by Catherine Manuell and headband by Witchery.
I have a new photo taking buddy. She understands my need to photograph my outfits for my blog at lunchtime. Yay! I find it hard to ask colleagues to take photos of me for the blog. As I said to a passer by, interrupted by my posing, 'serious vanity in progress here', and waved her through. S, my new photographer, is a very fashionable dresser. She wears dusky and muted tones, lots of layers, and fabulous jewellery. We had a laugh at my poses. Especially this one. When I look like I am busting for the toilet. I didn't need to wee. For the record.
I survived the work day without an afternoon nap! (But I sure felt like one, post 3.30 pm cheesecake.) And to reward myself I put this chicken in the oven. It's got lemon rind, mixed herbs, salt, pepper and olive oil. And there's a chunk of butter under the skin. Underneath the chicken there is potato and sweet potato. It smells delicious.
I hope you all had a good day!

13 comments:

  1. Carly,

    You made me smile! I love that purple SG flower.

    Your first day at work, my last (4 hours to go). I have a few days off before starting at the deep end in my new job.

    I think I'm going to miss this place

    SSG xxx

    Sydney Shop Girl blog


    PS - totally agree with whole foods being the answer when one has forgotten their computer password. So much more effective than chocolate.... I think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm having a VERY hard time getting back into work after the break. I don't think it helps that there's only a third of my team in the office, and no boss types... :S

    The only thing that got me through the afternoon was listening to the new(ish) Scouting for Girls album on my iPod!

    And why is it that celebrities can do the cross legged pose and look elegant, but the rest of the world just looks like they're busting for the loo??? No fair... ;)

    K.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great day and yes, you wear yellow very very well. I'm back to work tomorrow and I just hope I can summon even a tenth of your good cheer about it!! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't understand how you find the energy to cook such DELICIOUS looking foods - I don't have the energy to do that for my whole family... and when I'm on my own, I get cereal or toast.

    I'm so jealous of you Carly - your food posts make me drool!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been reading your blog for a while, but I haven't commented before. I just wanted to say how much I admire you and love reading your blog. You have (what reads like) a great sense of humour and fun and you really seem like such a down-to-earth person, I think if I knew you in real life we would be great friends.
    Thanks x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah, the annual attempt to remember one's password after the Summer/Christmas break. It's a tradition that will never fade.

    I think your outfit looked lovely, especially with the touch of yellow. It's a colour that's been sneaking its way into my own wardrobe lately and it's such fun to wear. So bright and friendly!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi girl...
    You look just smashing!
    Here it is snowing at the moment...

    As I am looking out the window...it is really falling...

    Have a great day in sunny Australia:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for your lovely comments :)
    I also love the flower but wasn't sure how to work it til this morning.
    Claire - I'd love to be your real life friend! Send me an email (itchy_81 [at] hotmail [dot] com). In fact I'd like to be friends with you ALL :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. PS: I took a pic of the cooked chicken - will post tomorrow. It was so yummy and tender.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice outfit - and you're standing out the front of my favourite city cafe (well, the favourite that I frequent whilst at work!)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your photos! I especially love that you ask a workmate to take them, that's brilliant. Thanks for sharing special lady xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your smoothie & nut butter sound delicious! And I agree, you do wear yellow well. Not many people can, so I think you should definitely wear it more often :) I initially thought the chicken picture was a bowl of ice-cream with banana and chocolate sprinkles - show's what I'm craving? haha.
    Heidi xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your smoothie & nut butter sound delicious! And I agree, you do wear yellow well. Not many people can, so I think you should definitely wear it more often :) I initially thought the chicken picture was a bowl of ice-cream with banana and chocolate sprinkles - show's what I'm craving? haha.
    Heidi xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog. I love receiving comments :)
I really appreciate the time you've taken to write to me, and to share something about yourself.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails