10 January 2011

Dinner with Stella, and more food and clothes too. What's new?

Firstly a huge thank you for all of your kind words and support in response to my previous entry about the teens on the train taking photos of me. I was saddened to read that similar things have happened to some of you, but am glad we can empathise with each other. Your messages on this blog, Facebook and Twitter mean a lot, and make me feel so valued. Thank you!

A funny thing happened on the way to dinner tonight. Well, it's another one of those 'sunburn' moments, but funny in light of what happened last night.

I crossed the road near Federation Square in Melbourne while the man was red. No, he was not sunburnt. (Hahah that wasn't the funny bit.)

Suddenly there was a rush of oncoming traffic coming from around the corner. I quickly ran back across the road to avoid getting hit by a mass of cars.

When I reached the median section of the road, a lady looked at me and said 'what happened to you?'

'Nothing', I replied.

She 'mmm-ed' and then I added 'well, I was just nearly hit by a lot of cars'.

She wasn't impressed with my joking way of not explaining why I am red.

She looked at me disapprovingly then took a step away from me and told me to be careful!

Stella Young, editor of Ramp Up and former host of No Limits, thought this was hilarious! So did I.

I had dinner with Stella tonight at Chocolate Budda in Fed Square.

This is what we ate:

Grilled eggplant skewers (my favourite of the night)
Gyoza dumplings
Inside out pumpkin and tempura nori rolls
We also had tempura vegetables which I failed to photograph as Stella and I were talking enough to generate energy to power a small country. I am surprised we actually had time to eat given our level of conversation. I am so glad we became friends - we have a lot in common - not just disability but our love of music, fashion and writing. She is awesome. And great hair and make up.

I ordered a drink - lychee liquer with lemonade - delicious. The bottle was so tiny, Stella called it 'Stella sized'. See.
I loved the bottle so much I kept it. I couldn't keep Stella though but I will see her again.


This is what I wore to work and dinner today. A colleague asked me whether I feel pressure to wear something cool to work every day. I said no, but photographing outfits for my blog does make me become more creative.
Today I epitomise chainstore chic. Or chainstore Carly. I am wearing a cardi by Cotton On, skirt by Valley Girl, leggings by Kmart, shoes by Diana Ferrari (I have three pairs of the same style in different colours - I love them! All $15 from the outlet!), necklace by Wiyomu at Etsy, headband by Witchery and top by Target. Carrying an Olga Berg purse.
This was my main meal yesterday. Breakfast at 2.00 pm.
Pancakes filled with blueberries and topped with icecream, strawberries and maple syrup. It was sort of delicious if it the pancakes didn't taste like scrambled eggs. Looks much better in the picture.
I also ate a slice of citrus tart and had a glass of wine. Some chocolate mousse topped yoghurt by Yalla - my favourite brand of dairy. And that's about it. I'm definitely not weight conscious on a Sunday.

Oh yeah, this is what I wore on Friday. You can't really see the detail of the dress, but it is very pretty - floral and lace, pink and purple. I am such a girl.
Just in case you want to rush off to the shops to mimic my outfit - I was wearing a dress by Temt, top by Sussan, shoes by Diana Ferrari (as above but in a different colour), headband by Mimco and bangle by Diva. I also had stockings on. I never get around in bare legs. Ever.

Happy Tuesday everyone!

8 comments:

  1. your posts always make me really really hungry (even if I have already had dinner, lunch or breakfast)!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm loving all your outfit posts! And all your food looks delish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum, diner looks so good!

    Lychee liquer and lemonade sounds amazing...I want one now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dammit, now I want chocolate mousse and citrus tart... And the raspberry yo-yos I made yesterday just aren't going to cut it! *sigh*

    How many millilitres was that Sprite bottle?? I'm pretty sure most of the cost of manufacturing something that small would be the bottle itself!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE the photo of Stella with the Sprite bottle. It made me laugh, 'Stella sized!' - brilliant!

    Looks like you had a delicious dinner Carly and a funny median strip encounter to boot.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the purple shoes from your Friday outfit! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Chainstore Carly is way more chic than Chainstore SSG!

    Dinner looked lovely.

    SSG xxx

    Sydney Shop Girl blog

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hehe, I like your non-explanation, explanation! Great to see you and Stella smiling and having a good time, hoping that I can catch up with both of you very soon xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog. I love receiving comments :)
I really appreciate the time you've taken to write to me, and to share something about yourself.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails