03 November 2010

Vietnamese penis rolls (and more)

I met my lovely friend Steph for dinner after work. Steph and I have been friends for many years now. We always have a laugh when we see each other - she takes the piss out of me a lot!

Example.
Me: "I am so sniffly today, allergy season."
Her: "Is it because you're so red?"
Us: "HAHAHA."
I guess you had to be there.

We went to Melbourne Vietnam Noodle House on Swanston Street. It's fast, cheap and delicious.

We both had pho. I love pho. Steph is a new convert to pho.
Though I love the delicateness of the pho broth, my favourite parts of it are the lemon, basil, mint and bean shoots you add to it.

We also had Vietnamese penis rice paper rolls. Steph is the only person that I use the term penis rolls around. I once heard someone who referred to rice paper rolls as penis rolls, and I had a big 'ohhhh yeah!' moment. Not ohhhh yeah as in pleasurable , but ohhhh yeah as in a lightbulb moment.
Perhaps I can influence 'penis rolls' into your vocabulary. I guarantee that if it does enter your vocabulary, or even your mind, you will have a lot of trouble not saying 'penis rolls' to the waiter. I did!
Or you can keep yourself nice, and keep referring to them as Vietnamese rice paper rolls. I could eat them every day. Rice paper rolls I mean.

This is Steph. She said she doesn't mind featuring on this blog entry. She is awesome.

This is me with my Vietnamese rice paper roll.

And this is what I wore to work and to dinner. I love this dress but don't wear it much because it's restrictive. As a result I feel sore.
My dress is by Target, jacket by Veronika Maine, necklace is Sussan, headband by Witchery and shoes by Diana Ferrari.
I am off to watch The Librarians, which will no doubt contain more crassness than my reference to penis rolls.
And hopefully my favourite character from The Librarians won't be killed off like in last night's epsiode of Packed to the Rafters. I loved Mel.

5 comments:

  1. That's a gorgeous pattern on the skirt of that dress. Target really does have some awesome dresses available at the moment.

    I'm going to try to forget you ever mentioned the penis rolls because if that was ever shared amongst my friends, it would just pave the way for a meal full of "that's what she said" jokes. That's just the way our minds work.

    I don't think I'm going to have any luck forgetting though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy yummy,

    I'm so immature, penis rolls will make me giggle for hours now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, loving the penis rolls! Haven't been there yet, must go some time. Just read your review of 'The Social Network' too, will have to go and see it, not up for the Dawson Creek-esque elevated language though! I'll feel like a dunce!

    Hope you're well XXX

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love pho! Target has been bringing out fabulous dresses lately, love this one! The penis rolls look yummy - I feel funny saying that.
    Heidi xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog. I love receiving comments :)
I really appreciate the time you've taken to write to me, and to share something about yourself.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails