23 October 2015

It's less than five months until the wedding!

Carly Findlay trying on a wedding veil

With just under five months to go until the Big Day, wedding planning is in full swing. It certainly helps that I was an event planner for so many years in my day job. I had hoped the wedding stuff would be organised by December, but I think the end of January is more likely. This year has gone so fast! I've been super secretive about the details - there are so many things I want to show you NOW but I will wait until The Big Reveal in March.

I tried on my wedding dress again this month - the first time since I bought it. Really pleased it still fits, considering my love for cake, cheese and wine. Phew! It's perfect.

A talented dressmaker friend came to my house to take my measurements for a bolero she's making me. While I'd love to go sleeveless for the day, it's just not practical. And so lace adds a different texture, with some peeks of skin. Of course I've also bought a warmer little coat because I know I'll be cold! I scored that at a bridal shop that was closing down - 75% off!

And last Thursday night I was a guest of Etsy and Bride's Wedding Trunk Show. I took Cassie, Adam's sister and my bridesmaid. It was so much fun. I'm so lucky to have an amazing woman as my sister in law to be - I love her. We were given gorgeous flower crowns made by Mint and Melon - I wore mine to work the next day!

Carly Findlay and sister in law to be

The trunk show featured 20 Australian and NZ sellers, showcasing their beautiful (and affordable) wedding accessories and stationery.

I am confident that I found my headpiece - again I want to show you everything I'm wearing but you'll have to wait! Here's me wearing a different headpiece - this one (and the other flower accessories) is by La Plume De Fleur.

Carly Findlay wearing hairpiece, cheese, flowers and magazines

I'm not having a veil (because it will most likely stick to my face!) but it was SO FUN trying on a veil at the trunk show. Cassis suggested I try one on, and of course I loved the candy pink veil. It was so long - lots of tulle! It sadly won't suit my wedding dress, but it worked really well with my corporate wear, don't you think?! This veil is made by Laced Up With String. Pretty!

Carly findlay trying on a veil - three photo collage

On the weekend, I browsed Etsy and found a perfect accessory - a pocket mirror in my exact wedding colours! I've emailed the seller to ask her if she can make some extra accessories for my bridesmaids. Isn't this the prettiest!! The maker is Clay and Chic - she's in Russia.

I love the idea of handmade, but I don't fancy myself as a hand-maker, so Etsy is perfect for me!

Some lovely Facebook followers gave me great advice on wedding lingerie. And on the weekend I took their advice and bought some (Simone Perele)! Corsetry out and comfort in! And it was on sale! Hurrah! The sales assistant at David Jones was so lovely - showed no disinterest or surprise that I was getting married. A great experience.

It's getting so exciting! I've been able to spend the money we've squirrelled away on little purchases to make the big day special. And everyone has been so lovely with their advice and support.

(This post isn't sponsored but I did receive free admission into the Etsy + Bride trunk show - and much sparkling wine and cheese was consumed!)

Are you planning a wedding? Are you having handmade? What do you recommend?

 

2 comments:

  1. Loving your exhuberance - are you bottling that (as my Dad would say)? Did the wedding thing a few years ago - it proved to me that I am definitely not an event planner!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic preparation for your wedding day. I like the pocket mirror


    lohana-matrimonial

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog. I love receiving comments :)
I really appreciate the time you've taken to write to me, and to share something about yourself.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails