29 May 2012

Taking a break from blogging

Between now and my thesis due date I'm taking a break from blogging and social media. I need to get my Masters in Communication - majoring in journalism and new media. I do not want a degree in procrastination. I'm just over half way with writing my thesis, have read many pages of literature, and need to power on.

I have a few things to post here - things that won't take much writing and are for good causes, but predominantly, I won't be committing myself to writing large amounts of quality content. While I'm gone, read some of my old blog entries. Would love to receive some comments :)

And now I've written that down, because in my studies for my my thesis on blogging - writing things down validates a situation and makes it happen, I'll leave you with this picture of a double rainbow. I took it out of the train window. There is some scribble on a board at my work that says "no rain, no rainbow". And that is so true. It will be raining for the next week or so - maybe even real tears, but after seven years of doing my masters, it will be done and I will be able to prepare for my trip overseas! The brightest of rainbows!

And if you see me wasting time, yell at me.

Stick around, I'll be back!

9 comments:

  1. Sending you tonnes of GOOD LUCK, Carly! Blogging will wait - your thesis won't! I am thinking of taking a break too - to write a book - but still trying to figure out when the best timing is. I'd love to read your thesis one day. In the meantime, I'm going to catch up with a few of your posts. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on pushing on. I know the feeling. Now I'm going to try blog my way to a job, one so badly needed. I have 6 months to try and build a case, lol. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck Carly!

    I hope we get to see the finished product. Don't worry, we'll be here till you get back. Get that A+ !

    ReplyDelete
  4. See you on the flip side Carly. Great reason to give up something you love; and you'll be so proud of yourself when it's done. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adding to the chorus of wishing you well and good luck with your thesis Carly. Love your rainbow photo, praying for clear skies till your thesis is done and you're on your way o/seas. Such an exciting time for you! Take care x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck Carly! There is nothing like pulling the internet connection out and turning off the phone for actually getting the words written.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck Carly - you'll nail it! The break will be so worth the end reward!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Carly,

    I am looking forward to when you return to blogging. I love reading your writing and think you are brave to divulge so many intimate details of your life to your readers.

    Good luck with the thesis!

    Anneliese

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog. I love receiving comments :)
I really appreciate the time you've taken to write to me, and to share something about yourself.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails