08 May 2012

Happy birthday Darren Hayes!



Dear Darren,

today is your birthday. 40. You're looking better than ever. And I am so happy you are still making beautiful music.


When I first saw you singing I want you on the back of that truck in 1996, you were shaggy-haired and baby faced, I knew that you'd be my favourite for life. I knew it. And all these years later, you still have the power to make me feel amazing when I immerse myself in your music.Thank you for making me think, feel and believe in magic.

I wish you all the happiness in the world - and I thank you for making me so happy. Your music lifts me up, and I find a lot of myself in your lyrics. I am one of your very loyal fans that is so moved by your musical talents, and also by you as a person.  I love being a fan.

I took this video of The Siren's Call at your concert in Sydney. It is possibly my favourite song of yours. Just beautiful.



Have a wonderful birthday Darren. May your day be filled with love and laughter and doing everything that brings you happiness.

As you sing, "who would have thought it would be this amazing?" Thank you for the journey.


Lots of love,

Carly

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful tribute from one incredible person to another xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love Darren!!! I have fond memories of listening to him sitting in my back garden drinking wine. Ah. I miss Australia. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog. I love receiving comments :)
I really appreciate the time you've taken to write to me, and to share something about yourself.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails