19 May 2012

Crispy pork belly tacos - oh my gosh!

After a long week of being busy at work (the project I'm working on is winding up and all our hard work is coming into fruition) and being very sore, I am glad the weekend is here. I had such a long stay in bed overnight that my morning became five minutes into afternoon! It's a cold miserable Melbourne day today too, and so I'm glad to be bundled up indoors about to work on the home stretch of my thesis.

I popped out for the newspaper and a fashion mag and some milk and mushrooms (going to make a gelatinous mushroom soup later on) and thought I'd have something breakfasty - eggs and salmon perhaps. My local shopping strip hasn't impressed me with its cafes, but a few weeks ago I bumped into a friend from work who recommended a cafe that's recently been taken over by new management. She strongly encouraged me to try it, and later that week I had apple smoked pork with poached eggs It was beautifully presented - a yellow flower atop the eggs. I couldn't wait to eat there again.

I looked at the breakfast menu - all good - and turned the page to see a range of Mexican inspired lunch items. My eyes lit up! Oh gosh! A Mexican cafe in my local area!!

And here is what I ordered. Tacos filled with crispy pork belly and a creamy cabbage, pineapple, lime and coriander salsa, and bitey cheese. So good. And a very generous serving - two large tacos with plenty of pork. Warming and fatty and satisfying. Maybe the best tacos I've eaten so far.

And if I wanted to, I could walk off that crispy pork belly - the cafe is so close to me!

1 comment:

  1. Oh yum! These tacos sound amazing - love ANYTHING with crispy pork belly. Especially with pineapple in them too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog. I love receiving comments :)
I really appreciate the time you've taken to write to me, and to share something about yourself.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails