The picture was taken with the Hipstamatic app for the iPhone.
I highly recommend Aja. It has great service, and its interior is lush.
Some friends were in Melbourne for Grand Prix duties and they took me out for dinner - Aja was their recommendation after I said that lamb cutlets was the food turned me from being a vegetarian for four years to eating meat again.
- char-grilled lamb cutlets with bok choy,
- pork ribs with Asian pickles,
- grilled duck fillet with salad,
- whole steamed fish with, ginger, spring onions and chili
- steamed greens (broccolini, spinach, bok choy)
- black rice pudding and mango
- passionfruit brulee
- banana fritters
Such a great meal. All of the dishes were light and very tasty. I love the sweet-sour-salty taste of Asian food.
It was lovely to see these friends who I've known for many years.