11 December 2013

Peach and strawberry pie

I made an amazing white peach and strawberry pie last weekend. So amazing that my boy licked his plate.

I felt like a summer fruit pie on the first day of summer, and I had a few ripe fruits on hand. I made this pie with what I had in the pantry, fridge and fruit bowl. It's super easy and tasted wonderful.

I'm not one to measure precisely, so feel free to improvise on my recipe. It would work well with nectarines or apples, or other berries.

  1. Dice three white peaches (I guess you can use yellow peaches too) and hull a punnett of strawberries.
  2. Place the fruit in a saucepan with a teaspoon of vanilla paste (or essence), a sprinkle of cardamom and cinnamon, the zest of half a lemon and a tablespoon of sugar. I think some grated ginger would be amazing too.
  3. Cook the fruit on a low heat for around 20 minutes.
  4. Place a sheet of pastry in a pie dish (you could make your own but I used puff pastry that I had in the freezer) and spoon in the fruit.
  5. Leave the liquid in the saucepan and cook on high heat until it's reduced and sticky. Pour this back over the fruit you've placed in the pastry.
  6. Cook on 150 degrees Celsius for 20 minutes.
  7. Eat and proclaim how wonderful it is. Plate licking is optional.

1 comment:

Thank you for reading my blog. I love receiving comments :)
I really appreciate the time you've taken to write to me, and to share something about yourself.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails