29 June 2010

Comment July Challenge

You know, there is Movember, Febfast and Sextember. Ok, so I made the last one up. The first two are muns - like puns, but plays on months, raising money and awareness of health issues. Ok, so I made up the word 'muns' too.

Anyhow. Megan, over at Literary Life, has set this challenge for her readers. It is called Comment July Challenge. Not as munny as Movember or Febfast, but it can be sexy like Sextember, depending on the comments. Nudge nudge, wink wink.

Megan explains the concept of the Comment July Challenge quite nicely. Due to pressing deadlines (Packed to the Rafters season premiere, continuing secret squirrel business) I will summarise it really quickly.

I want you to leave a comment on my blog, please. So I can see who my readers are and what you have to say. And so I can return the favour if you have a blog.

You don't even need to sign up for a blog. You can comment anonymously, or put your first name on your comment.

I love receiving comments. And I would love to get to know my readers better!

That is your challenge.

My challenge is to leave five comments a day on blogs through July.

If you're on board, pledge your allegiance below. In the comment box, of course!

To quote Megan, 'let's see how far we can go to spread the comment love...

And we can all dance around in happiness'.

20 comments:

  1. Woot woot! First to leave a comment! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I leave comments on peeps blogs and they don't comment on mine. This is a cute idea though, the more blog love the better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Carly :D
    I've been reading your blog since the beginning but don't often comment. Time doesn't always permit and sometimes I have a mind blank and wouldn't be able to think of anything but "great post!". You're really inspiring to me. I admire the way you embrace life, I admire your confidence and positivity and how you tackle challenges without demanding pity. You encourage me to view my own life differently and be more confident in myself. Love your work and I wish you so much luck with absolutely everything.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oops sorry Carly I thought blogspot ate my first comment :/ :/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so participating in Sextember.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not youuuuuuuuuuuu!!! I'm back to my normal schedule now I'm working lates the next 2 weeks but maybe we can catch up for drinks one Friday night?! I'll let you know when I'm free. xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Carlie,
    I've just finished a whole heap of work for the uni placement that I've been doing for 4 months so I think I'll join in this challenge! Although maybe I'll set myself the task of 1 comment a day haha small steps. As I've said before I love reading your blog, you write really well =)
    From Bec

    ReplyDelete
  8. Carlie, I just read your post on the Blog Frog so will try to do this. I don't always comment on blogs either but that is because I read so many. If they peak my interest for some reason then I make a comment. Not just to comment for no reason.

    ReplyDelete
  9. i'm in. i think most days i already do leave at least 5 comments but i love a good excuse to keep track of some numbers

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi carly:)
    Just thought you aught to know that i mentioned your blog in this video:)

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_OfaBhYDgGM

    Hopefully this link works:)

    Have a great day Carly:)

    SP

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cool idea - someone just told me yesterday I need to comment on other blogs more.
    I know it - but it's funny how you just need to be told sometimes!!

    Have fun commenting - may not be sexy, but it's smart :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great idea. First time at your blog, got here through @carrieactually tweet. I love leaving comments on blogs I enjoy. I'll also enjoy looking around your blog since this is my first stop by.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like commenting and I like spreading love - sounds like one of those double entendres. Wait, no it's not...I'm tired. I need Skittles.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Spreading the love! Great timing, Carly - I've been making an effort to comment on more blogs lately.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi! I've been reading your blog through Google Reader, so I don't often make the effort to leave a comment - very bad of me. I really like the idea of the commenting challenge, especially since I was just complaining about the Great Comment Silence on LiveJournal the other week. I hope it takes on and spreads beyond July and well into Sextember, which I'm sure we're all looking forward to now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love reading your blog and I will try to make an effort. Keep up the writing !

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sextember? Oh, will have to tune in to hear more about that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love that photo, and your comment challenge - good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog. I love receiving comments :)
I really appreciate the time you've taken to write to me, and to share something about yourself.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails