30 December 2009

Call for hairdresser

I need a hairdresser.

My experience with hairdressers has been awful.

As you may guess, people are wary of my skin condition (ichthyosis). I have been to hairdressers that haven't wanted to cut my hair because they are afraid my condition is contagious (it's not!). The last time I went to a hairdresser, I explained what my condition was. Her exact words to me were 'Yes, when I saw you walk in I was shocked but then you spoke and I realised you are normal and that'. Yep. Normal and that.

Sometimes I find they give me a substandard haircut, they don't make an effort because of the way I look. I don't think I'm imagining this.

I'd love a new style as I've had this one since I have had hair. No really. I seriously look the same as when I was three.

And I'd love some colour or highlights. I've seen some natural colours that maybe I can use. I will take in the magazine that I saw the natural colour ads in.

So I think I need a hairdresser that is compassionate, maybe had experience in the medical field (possibly worked at a hospital?). I would like them to have some colours I could use, or give me the option to bring my own. I'd like to talk to them about my experiences with hairdressers, and have them understand I am anxious about hairdressers, but also know I am willing to give a new one a try.

Please, if you know of a hairdresser in Melbourne that you'd recommend, let me know. Let your friends know I need one, too.

It's my mission in 2010 to find a good hairdresser.

3 comments:

  1. Sorry I haven't been able to reply to this earlier. But I've had my thinking cap on for you!

    If you're still looking for a hairdresser, I suggest you give my hairdresser / friend Krystina a call. She doesn't have any experience in the medical field, but she is very professional and compassionate. If you explain your situation and current hairbimbo-phobia I'm sure she will be able to help you out and make your appointment as stress free as possible.

    http://www.kunst.net.au/

    They're located on Collins St right above the Rolex shop. Give them a call, and ask for Krystina. She only works a couple of days a week. But if she's not in they'll be able to let you know when she's working next.

    Good luck! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Carly its Jess from ChIPS...My mum is a hairdresser...She hairdresses a lot for people with Chronic Illnesses...Only problem is, we are in Ballarat, so its a bit of travelling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Boy I can relate to this so much. But I have finally found a wonderful lady who has been doing my hair since around 1999, and she set wonderful real rose buds down my hair for my wedding. I would not go anywhere else. You are not imaging anything Carly,

    The best part of my trustworthy hairdresser is that she is willing to dye my hair or put foils in. Thanks Carly, great article.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog. I love receiving comments :)
I really appreciate the time you've taken to write to me, and to share something about yourself.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails