06 September 2016

Launching my Patreon account!

I set up a Patreon account!


Through my blog and social media, I share personal lived experiences of what it's like to have ichthyosis and a facial difference. I write opinion pieces on appearance diversity and disability. And I provide advice through social media. I'm always so glad to know my blog and advice has been useful for people. I love doing it but it's time and emotion intensive.


I have been writing my blog and providing advice and resources for free for almost seven years now! In May I began to ask that if people value my work, they consider buying me a drink via PayPal.
And they have! I'm so grateful. (Your thank you cards are in the mail!)


I have now set up a Patreon account so people can pledge their support on a regular basis.
If you value my work, if it's been useful to you in any way, if it's made you laugh more cry or if you've used it as a resource in the workplace an education setting, please consider making a pledge on Patreon.


Pledge what you can afford, and if you can't, feel free to share the link and tell people about my blog.
There are rewards for those who pledge - social media shoutouts, handwritten thankyou cards, Skype chats and more.


Last week a reader wrote to me to say
"I would also like to use this space to thank you from the bottom of my heart for all the food for thought you provide me every day. You have made me a better teacher, with sharper and more effective tools to tackle disability discrimination and teach my students how to respect others and think about their actions. Your posts are priceless."
A comment like that keeps me going - I was so moved by it.


Thanks for your support ❤️

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog. I love receiving comments :)
I really appreciate the time you've taken to write to me, and to share something about yourself.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails