06 September 2015

Wedding planning.

It's just over six months until our wedding! Six months. I cannot believe how fast the time has gone. When I think forward to our big day, I'm excited that we've got so many of our friends involved in making it special.

Right now I've kicked into planning mode. I'm so glad that I've done a lot of the big ticket items already (savings account, venue, dress, shoes, suit, cake, photographer, celebrant, DJ, MC, florist), and now we're just focusing on the smaller details. I feel lucky to be an event planner in my day job, because I feel seriously organised. I'm hoping to have the whole thing done by December. Is that too crazy?!

As I wandered through a wedding dress store yesterday, I thought about how it was 15 months ago since I bought my dress. I'm really glad I bought it then, because walking through those stores just did not inspire me. The wedding is becoming more DIY as my eyes glaze over at how wedding paraphanelia is both too boring and blingy for my taste. I want unique and colourful and fun. I also don't want to buy anything that I won't wear or use after the wedding day (I might even wear my dress again!). Lucky Camille is one of my bridesmaids and she's ready to get crafty. Paper invitations, a bag, bouquet and jewellery are on my to-do list for the next month. And a big trawl through Etsy of course.

I'd love some advice on good hairdressers in Melbourne. Let me know your tips.

Also, I've been wondering how I can get you, my blog readers involved in the day? You've been so lovely and supportive, so I'd love to 'have you there' to celebrate with me. Have you got any ideas?

Tell me your best wedding tip!

 

4 comments:

  1. How exciting!!!! Can't believe yours and Adam's wedding is only 6 months away!

    SSG xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have three tips:
    1. Don't panic if something doesn't go to plan on the day, because you're the only one who will know it is 'wrong' (for example, the wrong song plays as you walk down the aisle, or you wanted 3 candles on every table, but whoever set it up put 4)
    2. You cannot control the weather. So, yes, have a contingency plan for rain, but if it rains, try not to stress about it.
    3. On the day, make sure you consciously stop and look around you and take it all in. I know it sounds like a cliche, but it really does fly by super fast.
    Actually, I have 4 tips. Have the best day ever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reading this makes me so excited for you.I've been reading your blog since it started on myspace..ha!You're so organised.Honestly, as a reader I can't wait for a wonderful write up of the day and hopefully lots of wonderful picture :) ( all once you get back from honeymoon of course! )

    Gemma.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It’s really interesting to see that you are organizing your wedding so well. I am waiting for your wedding pictures. Your post will definitely help me to organize my brother’s wedding at Malibu wedding venue. Congrats.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog. I love receiving comments :)
I really appreciate the time you've taken to write to me, and to share something about yourself.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails